Well, you have finally made up your mind to go into the wilderness and have some fun. You have finally reached your destination and shocked to see the weather taking unexpected turns. That’s when you realize you have nowhere to go and even your tent that you have carried along is not waterproof. Unexpected Rainfall could be a hurdle on your camping trip as long as your waterproof tents don’t shelter you. Who loves to wake up at 1.00 a.m. Only to find out that he is surrounded by water all around? What if the water starts to enter your tent through the porous. Yeah, we know, there is something called rainfly. But Have you ever actually put it to real-life tests? Is the rainfly enough long to cover the entire tent, including the screened area?
Knowing the weather conditions is no longer important if you have got your hand in an appropriate tent. Plenty of tents claim to be Rainproof tents or sun-proof tents, but the truth unveils when exposed to real-life conditions. Whether you are looking for a personal tent or a big tent, probably, all you want is a tent that can shelter you from the downpour. So, if you are looking for a tent for heavy rain, we have curated a list of the best waterproof tent that you might consider for your next excursion or camping trip.
Table Of Content
- 1 Best Tents For Heavy Rain Or Waterproof Tents
- 1.1 1. Coleman Sundome 4-Person Tent
- 1.2 2. Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent
- 1.3 3. Coleman Evanston Dome Tent with Screen Room
- 1.4 4. Campla Tent Camping Outdoors, Backpacking Tents LED Fit 2 3 Person
- 1.5 5. NTK Laredo GT 8 to 9 Person 10 by 15 Foot Sport Camping Tent 100% Waterproof
- 1.6 6. ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1-Person Tent
- 1.7 7. TETON Sports Mountain Ultra Tent
- 1.8 8. Coleman Hooligan Backpacking Tent
- 1.9 9. Weanas Professional Backpacking Tent
- 1.10 10. NTK Cherokee GT 5 to 6 Person
- 1.11 11. Coleman WeatherMaster 6-Person Tent with Screen Room
- 1.12 12. CORE 9 Person Extended Dome Tent
- 2 Things To Consider While Buying Waterproof Tent
- 3 FAQs
Best Tents For Heavy Rain Or Waterproof Tents
Dive into our section of Best Tents for heavy rain. We have covered the best models, whether they are the best budget models or high-end models. We hope your search for a great deal ends here. So, check out our list of top waterproof tents.
1. Coleman Sundome 4-Person Tent
Our first pick in the best waterproof tent segment for heavy rainfall is Coleman Sundome 4-Person Tent. Featuring the 9 x 7 feet, Coleman Sundome 4 -person waterproof tent can easily accommodate 4 persons. Coming to waterproofness, this tent features the WeatherTec System ensures that you stay dry whether it rains or not.
The rainfly stretches till midway from the top. Coming to ventilation, this waterproof tent comes with ground vents and windows that allow the constant flow of air inside the tent.
Pros And Cons Of Coleman Sundome 4-Person Tent
- WEATHERPROOF: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from...
- WIND AND RAIN TESTED: Strong frame withstands 35+ mph winds
- GREAT VENTILATION: Large windows and ground vent for enhanced...
- STAY CONNECTED: E-Port makes it easy to bring electrical power...
- EASY SETUP: In 10 minutes
2. Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent
Featuring 16 x 6.5 x 11 feet, this tent provides enough space to accommodate 8 people at a time. When talking about the tent for heavy rain, this is one of the best tents for bad weather. No matter if you are tall or small, you can easily stand straight inside the camp.
This waterproof tent also features a screened area that can either enjoy the rain or play some games. The tent brags about the Weather Armor polyester fabric that prevents water from entering the tent.
Pros And Cons Of Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent
- Convertible screen room with inverted "T" style door and inside...
- Removable seam-sealed fly
- Mesh roof vents
- 3 zippered side windows with inside flaps
- Shock-corded fiberglass roof frame with steel uprights and corner...
3. Coleman Evanston Dome Tent with Screen Room
Coleman Evanston Dome tent is another giant that comes under the best tent for heavy rain. This Tent has the capacity to entertain 6 people at a time, and there is a bigger model to it. The 8 Person Coleman Evanston Dome Tent can shelter 8 persons at a single time.
This tent also features a WeatherTec system that makes it waterproof and water-resistive. This tent measures 15 x 12 feet that cover the huge surface, and with an interior height of 6 feet, standing straight is not a big deal.
Pros And Cons Of Coleman Evanston Dome Tent with Screen Room
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from...
- Conventional pitch: Sets up in 15 minutes
- Bug-free lounging: 10 x 5 feet full-floor screen room
- Roomy interior: 10 x 9 feet with 5 feet 8 inch center height;...
- Carry bag: Included for easy storage
4. Campla Tent Camping Outdoors, Backpacking Tents LED Fit 2 3 Person
If you are looking for a waterproof tent for your family of 2-3 persons, this might be a good choice for you. This tent measures 55.12in x 82.7in that it offers ample space to shelter 2 or 3 persons conveniently.
Talking about the water-resistant, the outer rainfly, and the PU Waterproof coating, makes sure that you stay dry during the heavy rainfall. The triangle windows offer a good ventilation system. This is another rainproof tent that made its way to the list of top waterproof tents.
Pros And Cons Of Campla Tent Camping Outdoors, Backpacking Tents LED Fit 2 3 Person
5. NTK Laredo GT 8 to 9 Person 10 by 15 Foot Sport Camping Tent 100% Waterproof
As the name suggests, the tent can shelter 8 to 9 persons at a single time. Due to its dimensions that measure 10×9, the tent provides enough space to meet all your needs. This tent is the best choice when you go on camping with your whole gang.
The rainfly fully covers the entire tent so that whether it rains or not, you always feel dry. The rainfly is made using Double layer 190T polyester that restricts water from entering the tent. The D-style door and the windows offer a constant airflow, and the mesh windows keep the bugs away.
Pros And Cons Of NTK Laredo GT 8 to 9 Person
- SPACIOUS 8 to 9 Person (aduls/kids), 1 Roomy Door, 3 Windows Tent...
- FULL COVERAGE RAINFLY: Double layer 190T polyester laminated with...
- FRAME: 100% virgin NANO-FLEX shock corded fiber glass rods with...
- MOSQUITO MESH: Inner tent fully breathable with generous...
- FLOOR MATERIAL AND DESIGN: Heavy duty anti-fungus seamless...
6. ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1-Person Tent
If you plan to go on a solo trip and are looking for a tent that can shelter you from the heaviest of the rains, look no further. Experience the hassle-free setup of the tent that so user-friendly. This tent is designed using Polyester that restricts the water and the UV rays of the sun from entering the tent.
In addition to this, you will find a vestibule to keep your gears and items well stored. This tent measures the 2’8 x 7’6 and center height of 36 inches.
Pros And Cons Of ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1-Person Tent
Related: SUV Tents
- There's no assembly frustration with our Lynx tent Series; This...
- Polyester tent fly resists water and UV damage while adding one...
- Fully equipped with #8 zippers, storage pockets, gear loft,...
- The Alps Mountaineering Lynx tent is on our best sellers list;...
- Base size: 2'8 x 7'6, center height: 36", total weight: 4 lbs. 1...
7. TETON Sports Mountain Ultra Tent
A perfect tent to go on camping with your partner. This waterproof tent can shelter 2 persons and still leaving some room to store some items. Coming to the ventilation, the cuts in the rainfly and the door allows the air to enter the tent during warm days.
This tent features a durable oxford footprint that resists water and holes to creep in. Apart from this, the tent is lightweight. Thus it becomes easy to set-up this rainproof tent. The Tent measures 82.5 x 63 x 45 inches.
Pros And Cons Of TETON Sports Mountain Ultra Tent
- STAY DRY Waterproof rainfly with a 360degree ventilation system...
- ROOM WITH A VIEW Get away from the city lights and enjoy a full...
- EASY TO SET UP Lightweight tent packs down tight for backpacking...
- PACKS UP EASILY When it’s time to head home the Mountain Ultra...
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE Reach out to our AMAZING product support...
8. Coleman Hooligan Backpacking Tent
Like we have already informed that Coleman is a big name when it comes to camping tents. This is another tent manufactured by Coleman that comes in a variety of sizes. No matter if you are looking for a tent to shelter 2 people or you have a whole gang to entertain, the Coleman Hooligan Backpacking Tent has got you covered.
With dimensions 22 x 6.5 x 7 inches, this waterproof tent provides a huge surface area to shelter 2 people. In addition to this, the vestibule offers extra space where you can keep your stuff. Featuring the Patented Coleman’s Weather Tec System, this tent is waterproof and makes sure that water does not creep in inside the tent.
Pros And Cons Of Coleman Hooligan Backpacking Tent
- Lightweight, one-pole design tent for two campers
- Features a full-length rain fly with a large vestibule
- Coleman's Weather Tec System will keep you dry in wet conditions
- A mesh inner tent offers maximum ventilation
- Easy to set up
9. Weanas Professional Backpacking Tent
This tent comes in so many vibrant colors that will surely mark the deal. You can choose from 1 person tent to 4 person tent; this tent has got you covered. This waterproof tent measures 79″x79″ that can sleep 3 to 4 persons easily.
The two doors give individuals their separate entrances to exit or enter the tent without disturbing other campers. Another thing worth mentioning is that the tent comes with a vestibule that provides additional space to store your items.
Pros And Cons Of Weanas Professional Backpacking Tent
- MULTIPLE CHOICE - Spacious Interior: 86 x 51 inch floor; the...
- SNUGLY PERFECT FOR TALL PEOPLE OVER 6ft - Upgraded floor...
- TWO DOOR DESIGN & BIG FRONT VESTIBULE - This tent has two doors...
- EASY TO INSTALL - One person can easily and quickly install the...
- MULTIFUNCTION USAGE: Inner and out layer superpose together as a...
10. NTK Cherokee GT 5 to 6 Person
This rainproof tent provides enough space to accommodate 5 to 6 people at a time easily. With the 9.8 x 9.8 dimensions, the tent provides about 96 square feet of the surface where you can easily store your bags, gears, and much more. The rainfly fully covers the tent that shields you from the heaviest rainfall and the scorching heat of the sun. Moreover, the D style door makes the process of ventilation good.
Pros And Cons Of NTK Cherokee GT 5 to 6 Person
- DESIGNED FOR QUICK & EASY ASSEMBLY – The Cherokee 5- 6 person...
- DOUBLE LAYER FULL COVERAGE RAINFLY – 100% waterproof 190T...
- THICK NANO-FLEX TECHNOLOGY FRAME – Extra thick Nano-flex...
11. Coleman WeatherMaster 6-Person Tent with Screen Room
This is one of the best waterproof tents that are available in the market. With floor dimensions of 11 ft. x 9 ft., this tent takes pride in offering plenty of space to accommodate 6 persons. The tent features the same WeatherTec Technology that makes it water-resistant.
For easy entry and exit, the tent features hinged doors to add more to your convenience. In addition to this, the screen room allows you to see the beauty of nature while shielding you from the mosquitoes or bugs at the same time.
Pros And Cons Of Coleman WeatherMaster 6-Person Tent with Screen Room
- Spacious 6-person tent has enough room for 2 queen-size airbeds
- Separate floorless screen room offers bug-free lounging
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams...
- Measures 11 x 9 feet with 6-foot 8-inch center height; Screen...
- Rainfly and expandable carry bag included
12. CORE 9 Person Extended Dome Tent
The test measures the dimensions 14’ X 9’ that can sleep 9 people simultaneously. With an interior height of 72”, you can easily stand straight without having to lean down. Featuring H2O Block Technology, the tent restricts the water from entering the tent. Moreover, the ventilation system is imposing, and the air vents allow easy access to air that constantly flows inside the tent.
Pros And Cons Of CORE 9 Person Extended Dome Tent
- Sleeps 9 people; Fits three queen air mattresses; Center Height:...
- CORE H20 Block Technology and adjustable ground vent.Pole Type:...
- Features gear loft with lantern hook and pockets to keep items...
- Electrical cord access port (port is fully closable when not in...
- Includes tent, tent poles, rain fly, tent stakes, and carry bag....
Things To Consider While Buying Waterproof Tent
Before you plan to buy a tent, there are many key considerations that need your attention especially when you are looking for a rainproof tent. These key considerations will keep you safe and dry during the heaviest of the rainfall and that’s what we all want.
Most of the tent claims themselves to be water-resistant, but how it performs during the real-life tests will judge their claim. So, before you proceed to the store to buy your favorite tent, check out our buying guide to the waterproof tent.
The first thing that you need to consider is the rainfly. Rainfly can either help in staying dry or can be a reason you get wet while it’s raining. Many tents come with rainfly. Some rainfly covers the tent partially while others encapsulate the whole tents.
These rainfly are detachable so that you can have a clear view of the sky when the sky is clear. While it’s raining, you can attach the rainfly to the top of the tent.
Another major key consideration is the vestibule. Vestibule provides a sort of additional space where you can store your items or gears; in fact, everything you want to store. Having a vestibule can be of great use when it’s raining. You can keep your dirty shoes, wet clothes inside the vestibule so that your tent doesn’t get messy or muddy.
The construction of the tent is another factor that needs your consideration. The strong built and well-constructed tent will keep your tent dry, whether it’s rain or wind. The polyester and fabric influence the construction of the tent. The solidly built tent will be slightly heavier to carry, and that’s up to you if you can carry the tent on a long journey or not.
Plenty of options are available to choose from. Whether you want a tent for your solo trip or your whole gang, our list of best waterproof Tents has got you covered. We have specified the cons and pros of all-time favorites of the people, and you can choose what best meets your needs and specifications. Moreover, many tents come with a lifetime warranty, so they can be a great choice for you, even if it means spending a few bucks more.
If you are low on your budget, don’t be disappointed, our list of top tents for heavy rain has got something amazing for you. Our list includes the best budget waterproof tents as well. You don’t have to burn a hole in your pocket.
So, Do let us know what are you planning to buy for your next camping trip?
Yes, there is a rain tarp. The tarp forms the “V” over the doorway.
There is around an almost 360-degree zippered door to separate the rooms that zips and unzips only one way.
Yes, it has the floor.
It has only one door.
No. it is considered to be a 3 Season Tent.
Yes, both vestibules are of the same size.
It is a 3 season tent, but if you want to use it in winter (no colder than 32 F at night climate), I suggest you have a sleeping bag with a 10 F rating or lower.
No, this tent does not have an enclosed vestibule.
No, it doesn’t.
This is a one-room tent.