Nemo Hornet Tents Review- When you are out in the wild or away from all your home comfort, a tent is the most important thing you need. Nemo Hornet is one of the names that dominate the camping gear market. The reason being it provides the quality which can bear the wilderness. Nemo Hornet has it all sorted out even for the large families or groups looking for an adventure in nature. Given these points, shelter is the foremost thing. With this in mind, the brand has come up with a variety of 12 Person Tents to make enough options available for you as per your need. These variants are cabin tents, base camp tents, instant tents, dark rest tents, and more. Go through this Nemo Hornet Tents Review to find out what is the best match for your need.
Table Of Content
- 1 Nemo Hornet Tents Review
- 1.1 Nemo Hornet Ultralight Backpacking Tent Review
- 1.2 Dragonfly by Nemo Hornet Tents Review
- 1.3 Dagger by Nemo Hornet Tents Review
- 1.4 Nemo Hornet Elite Ultralight Tent Review
- 1.5 Nemo Hornet Kunai 2 Person Tent Review
- 1.6 Nemo Hornet Aurora Backpacking 3 Person Tent Review
- 1.7 Nemo Hornet Wagontop 6 Person Tent Review
- 1.8 Nemo Hornet Victory Screenhouse Review
- 2 How To Set Up A Tent?
- 3 Concluding
Nemo Hornet Tents Review
From adventurers to trekkers, this brand is very famous among all types of travelers. Also, people going to cold and snowy areas prefer to carry Nemo Hornet Tents. The company has designed these tents for different numbers of travelers. Check out the reviews of some of the best tents by Nemo Hornet tents.
Nemo Hornet Ultralight Backpacking Tent Review
First on the list is one of the bestsellers of the brand. This Ultralight Backpacking Tent is a 3 season tent and is designed to withstand extreme weather conditions. The best part about this product is its usage. The primary function of any tent is to shelter you when you are camping in the wild or snow weather. This tent fulfills its primary function to a huge extent as this tent is very easy to set up and wrap in the bag. Also, the rainfly is the biggest plus point of this product as it is responsible for repelling water. The fly is made of 10D Nylon technology, and it is long-lasting and durable. No-see mesh at sides maintains your privacy, while the black mesh at the top makes stargazing an amazing experience. Moreover, it is available in 2 sizes.
|Minimum Weight||1 lb , 15 oz / 878 g|
|Packed Weight||2 lb , 6 oz / 1.08 kg|
|Packed Size||19.5 x 5.5 in dia / 50 x 14 cm dia|
|Peak Height||39 in / 98 cm|
|Floor Area||27.5 sq ft / 2.6 sq m|
|Floor Dimensions||85 x 51/43 in / 215 x 130/108 cm|
|Vestibule Area||7.1 sq ft + 7.1 sq ft / 0.7 sq m + 0.7 sq m|
- Karen Monahan- “Soooo lightweight and easy to setup. My 13 yr old uses it for Boy Scout camping trips.”
- Emmanuel Goldstein- “Ok. The weight and set up is a tad tricky. Kept condensation out, but the walls need a bit more design tweaking, and there need to be the same adjustable cord connectors all way around. Half is not good enough. It won’t come with enough stakes to set up correctly, which is common amongst these backpacker style tents. You need 10, which adds weight but can’t be set up properly with what it comes with.”
Dragonfly by Nemo Hornet Tents Review
Another economic tent by Nemo Hornet is the Dragonfly Backpacking Tent. While traveling solo, your requirements are minimal. This tent fulfills all the requirements when you are out in the wild camping away from the comfort of your mattress. White No-See-Um Mesh on side panels adds privacy, while a black mesh top offers clear stargazing at night. Large doors and vestibules make it easy to enter and exit. Big gear pockets offer space to assemble your things in a tidy manner. The tent is designed to withstand tough weather conditions. Like the previous one, it also has 2 size variations. Take a look at the specifications of this amazing tent for a better understanding.
|Minimum Weight||2 lb , 10 oz / 1.2 kg|
|Packed Weight||3 lb , 2 oz / 1.41 kg|
|Packed Size||19.5 x 4.5 in dia / 50 x 12 cm dia|
|Peak Height||41 in / 105 cm|
|Floor Area||29.0 sq ft / 2.7 sq m|
|Floor Dimensions||88 x 50/45 in / 223.52 x 127/114 cm|
|Vestibule Area||10.0 sq ft + 10.0 sq ft / 0.9 sq m + 0.9 sq m|
- Sam Hoover – “For a guy my size, it was more like a 1p+. I had room for me and my gear. Another person just wouldn’t happen, but for the week I was using the tent, I never had an issue. Easy setup, take down, entry, and ventilation was excellent. Considering the price is no cheaper when buying directly from Nemo and I could have it in 2 days, it was Prime membership to the rescue. It’s a lightweight tent that took my week of abuse and looked like new when I packed it up, it’s not a Zpacks, but it’s a damn good tent.”
- Grahm – “It’s lightweight, but it’s not really totally freestanding. It really helps to be able to stake in to stretch it out to its proper geometry.”
Dagger by Nemo Hornet Tents Review
Next is the Nemo 2 person tent named Dagger. Either you are going on a solo trip or camping on a date with your special one, this tent is a perfect puck for you. This tent gives you a cozy atmosphere to spend time with your loved one near a lake and under the sky full of stars. What can be a better idea to spend quality time with your wife or girlfriend? And if you are a solo traveler and love to explore nature and its beauty, you will love this tent. It is an upgraded version and the main upgrade made is the increase in the volume of head and feet area. Over-head pockets provide even light, and there are four storage pockets at each corner. Protected strut vents at the top of each zipper flap ensure greater ventilation, especially during a storm.
|Minimum Weight||3 lb , 5 oz / 1.52 kg|
|Packed Weight||3 lb , 14 oz / 1.75 kg|
|Packed Size||19.5 x 6.5 in dia / 50 x 16 cm dia|
|Peak Height||42 in / 106 cm|
|Floor Area||31.3 sq ft / 2.9 sq m|
|Floor Dimensions||90 x 50 in / 229 x 127 cm|
|Vestibule Area||11.4 sq ft + 11.4 sq ft / 1.1 sq m + 1.1 sq m|
- Dirtbaghiker – “So far after a few nights using my 3 person Dagger I do love the tent but I have 1major concern. The floor gets moist and sticky. Not sure if this is a manufacturer defect or just some weird condensation problem. Everything else about the tent is perfect and what I want in a free-standing tent. Minus the sticky floor!!”
- Compe_tent – “I was so beyond excited to get this tent. It looks amazing, and it’s packed with innovation. However, as you can see from the headline, it leaks. After ten minutes of rain (not a hurricane — just a regular April rainfall), the exposed tent floor fabric was completely soaked and leaked water into the tent. The rainfly performed perfectly, but the advertised 3000 mm coating to block water from inside the tent didn’t do its job.”
Nemo Hornet Elite Ultralight Tent Review
When we are out camping, we require a good tent. The primary reason for having a tent is to have a shelter in the woods or the mountains. The next tent on the list fulfills your need for shelter in a good manner. It is the ultralight tent of choice for extreme minimalists wanting the best in technical materials and design. This tent justifies its name, i.e., ultralight. Patent-pending Flybar volumizing pole clip adds more room at the head and distributes fly tension evenly. The DAC poles cut the tent weight, and the clippers help in the tent’s quick installation. This Nemo Hornet Elite 1 p tent is perfect for your next solo adventure. Check the specifications of this product if you like it.
|Minimum Weight||1 lb , 11 oz / 779 g|
|Packed Weight||2 lb , 1 oz / 935 g|
|Packed Size||19.0 x 4.5 in dia / 48 x 12 cm dia|
|Peak Height||37 in / 94 cm|
|Floor Area||27.3 sq ft / 2.5 sq m|
|Floor Dimensions||85 x 50/42 in / 216 x 128/107 cm|
|Vestibule Area||6.2 sq ft + 6.2 sq ft / 0.6 sq m + 0.6 sq m|
- Chris C.- “This is a well-engineered lite tent and well built. Well thought out features and easy to set up. This is a great tent especially for people like me who have bad backs and must carry ultralight equipment.”
- Boaz – “I bought this tent for a month-long section hike of the pct in Washington, and when it did not rain, the tent was spacious and conveniently designed; however, the rain fly doesn’t cover the full tent, leaving out a semicircle above your head. The rain falls directly onto this, and anything that touches it gets wet, and the water rolls down it into space between your ground cloth and the tent, resulting in water seeping through the floor”
Nemo Hornet Kunai 2 Person Tent Review
The brand says it is the most versatile backpacking tent available. It is a 4 season tent. The tent is designed to withstand all the hard and extreme weather conditions. It can be used as a backpack and a mountaineering tent both. Tapered profile, aggressive brow pole, and wind-blocking inner tent keep you protected in extreme weather. The tub floor construction also makes sure that the tent remains dry even if the ground is wet. Ventilation is not an issue as there is a large door and the window zipper mesh allows plenty of air to flow inside. Like other tents, stakes, guy-out cord, repair kit, and light pockets are included with the tent. Big gear pockets at the corners offer huge space for both the people to keep their required things.
|Minimum Weight||3 lb , 14 oz / 1.76 kg|
|Packed Weight||4 lb , 5 oz / 1.96 kg|
|Packed Size||19.5 x 6.5 in dia / 50 x 16 cm dia|
|Peak Height||44 in / 111.76 cm|
|Floor Area||26.0 sq ft / 2.4 sq m|
|Floor Dimensions||82 x 50/41 in / 208.28 x 127.635/104.14 cm|
|Vestibule Area||8.0 sq ft / 0.7 sq m|
- The Trail Dancer – “Love this tent, but it’s made for 1 person. Nemo!!!!! Please make this tent in a 3 person addition; you would sell SO MANY! 🙂 Or at least 35sq ft would be perfect! :)”
- Kar – “I used this tent on a 10-day mountaineering trip to the Revelstoke Mountains in Canada. We camped on a rock next to a glacier, and the tent lines were super helpful and well constructed so that they held the tent together during 40 mph gusts, snow, rain, and our lucky days of sun. While everyone else’s tents were either collapsing or letting in water, I was happy to be dry. Thanks, Nemo!”
Nemo Hornet Aurora Backpacking 3 Person Tent Review
Next on the list is the upgraded version of the Aurora backpacking tent. The step sidewalls provide ample space inside the tent. This cheap camping tent is one of the bestsellers of the brand. This tent is safer for you and the environment as it uses no restricted chemical substances or other added chemicals for flame-resistance and meets CGSB-182.1 requirements for flammability. The quality of the product is good for car camping but light enough for backpacking. The integrated storage pockets are available to help you keep small items and other essentials organized. The included expandable carry bag lets you pack the tent after camping and keeps it secure. Take a look at the features of this product.
|Minimum Weight||5 lb , 5 oz / 2.41 kg|
|Packed Weight||6 lb , 8 oz / 2.95 kg|
|Packed Size||23.0 x 7.5 in dia / 58 x 19 cm dia|
|Peak Height||44 in / 111.75 cm|
|Floor Area||44.0 sq ft / 4.1 sq m|
|Floor Dimensions||88 x 72 in / 223.5 x 183 cm|
|Vestibule Area||9.2 sq ft + 9.2 sq ft / 0.9 sq m + 0.9 sq m|
- Andrew Givens – “It is a little on the big and heavy side for two-person backpacking tents. A little more geared for casual camping but it will work for backpacking. It is a very well made and high-quality tent and will undoubtedly stand up to the elements in the wilderness or the debauchery of a festival.”
- S Shafer – “Unfortunately, I kissed a lot of frogs before finding this prince of a tent. I have not yet tested it in wind and rain, so I don’t know if it will prove kingly, but here’s what I like about it so far. (1) I can set up the main tent part, by myself, in under 5 minutes. I’ve only set it up inside, but the rain-fly took only a couple more minutes, so I’m guessing I’ll be able to stake it and run guy-lines in about 10 minutes, total, (2) The near-vertical walls make the tent feel unbelievably roomy inside, and I can kneel completely upright in it (I’m 5’6″) at the center.”
Nemo Hornet Wagontop 6 Person Tent Review
This Hornet Tent is one of the best 6 person tents. The tent’s measurement is 10 x 9 feet with the 6-foot center height is very much spacious, and it can fit 2 queen-size airbeds. The installation process of the Wagontop Tent is so easy, and hence it takes about 2 minutes to set up the tent. The technology used in manufacturing the tent makes it perfect for rainy weather as the tent dries up very fast. The integrated storage pockets are available to help you keep small items and other essentials organized. The included expandable carry bag lets you pack the tent after camping and keeps it secure. It Pairs perfectly with a Victory Blanket as a soft carpet for a home-like experience.
Moreover, it has big panoramic windows for a better view and ventilation. Also, it has a significantly big space for keeping your essential things. The company calls it a garage where you can literally park a car.
|Minimum Weight||24 lb , 1 oz / 10.9 kg|
|Packed Weight||27 lb , 0 oz / 12.26 kg|
|Packed Size||27.0 x 12.0 x 12.0 in / 69 x 30 x 30 cm|
|Peak Height||80 in / 203 cm|
|Floor Area||97.3 sq ft / 9.0 sq m|
|Floor Dimensions||140 x 100 in / 356 x 254 cm|
|Vestibule Area||26.9 sq ft / 2.5 sq m|
- Tony Bulmer – “I finally got used to this thing and I was impressed. I was up in the mountains and was hit with a huge rainstorm and it held up great. I mean it was a nasty storm. it is a huge tent. the only flaw is the windows when you close them have two Velcro attach points that you have to watch out for. when you are pulling the window up to attach it seems like you really have to stretch the window to get it to attach. But great tent!”
- Amazon Customer – “Well, we purchased this tent because we really wanted a bit more comfort and, most importantly, to stand up straight. The tent provides ample room for two. We actually set up 2 cots and have room on both sides to maneuver. The tent is also easy to set up. We are done in about 10 minutes. It requires a little getting used to, but once you get the way it is structured, it is effortless.”
Nemo Hornet Victory Screenhouse Review
Last but not least on the list is the Screenhouse by Nemo Hornet. This is one of the most looked after Nemo Hornet Tents because of its uniqueness. This tent serves you in so many ways. It is your perfect partner when you are going to chill and fun at the beach. You can also plan a special date for your partner or spouse on a lakeside or the beach. Also, this screen-house is very popular among beach-side resort owners. They install these tents near the beach to give their guests a different experience of the beach. Moreover, it is designed for every group gathering, from car camping to backyard BBQs.
It is also designed to provide freestanding shelter for the whole group from the sun, bugs, and rain. Take a look at the specifications of this amazing backpacking tent for in-depth information.
|Minimum Weight||14 lb , 7 oz / 6.54 kg|
|Packed Weight||16 lb , 1 oz / 7.29 kg|
|Packed Size||27.0 x 10.0 x 10.0 in / 69 x 25 x 25 cm|
|Peak Height||85 in / 216 cm|
|Floor Area||100.1 sq ft / 9.3 sq m|
|Floor Dimensions||120 x 120 in / 305 x 305 cm|
- Caldwe3 – “I researched this purchase for months before purchasing and didn’t expect to land on the Nemo screen house, but after initial use, I am quite pleased. Setup is straightforward because of the fairly intuitive design. I can set it up myself without issue. I’m a 5’5” smaller lady… that’s a huge deal. Every other screen house had an additional rain fly that would have likely been time-consuming and an added challenge to assemble, especially on my own. It held up in some blustery winds very well, staked down, and guyed out. I was impressed. Tons of room and not claustrophobic feeling. Plenty of headspaces and internal pockets help keep you organized. A few gear loops for lights or possibLy a clothesline down the ceiling ridges. The step on the door flap to assist in zipper opening is a small but appreciated add-on. A two-year-old figured it out in a couple of tries. Everything seems very robust and of good quality. The lumen color is very cheery on a grey day.”
How To Set Up A Tent?
After getting the tent of your requirement, the first thing that you would need to know is how to set your tent. It is not easy to set up a tent, but it’s neither too difficult. There are many online tutorials available from where you can learn how to set up a tent. The simplest thing that you can do is to go through properly the guidelines given by the manufacturer. Apart from these, some basic things that you have to keep in mind while setting up your tent are as follows-
- The basic thing before setting up a tent is finding a plain surface. A plain surface is essential for setting up a tent to maintain the tent’s symmetry and stability. Moreover, a plain surface is also required for proper sleep.
- The next thing you require is a tent floor. A proper tent floor is required to stop the moisture from getting inside the tent. This will increase the life of your tent.
- Take assistance from someone who is more experienced in setting up a tent. It is always good to do a new thing with someone’s assistance as it reduces the chances of damage. Also, it is a bit difficult to set up a tent all on your own.
Camping is one of the most interesting and fun activities that we do. Everybody loves to go out and explore nature. Perhaps it is the biggest camping factor that those who camp or trek more are closer to nature. Who doesn’t like to sit under the sky of stars for hours with a bonfire? This is something that can’t be expressed in words. To enjoy all these fun-loving experiences away from the hush of city life, you need a tent. Nemo Hornet Tents are one of the finest options for a great number of versatile tents. You need to know what your requirements are. After considering all the factors, choose the best product for you.
That was the list, all the campers. We hope that you liked it. Our dedicated team of hardworking individuals will keep bringing stuff like this to make your camping experience even better and hassle-free. You can appreciate our effort by subscribing to us at tentsreview.com. Till then, be safe and keep enjoying your expeditions. We will look forward to you.